4.26.2011

the final post.

i'm back. in auburn, that is. 
saying goodbye to my home in Italy was bittersweet. it was difficult ending another chapter in my life especially one that took place in one of the most beautiful places god could have created. my time spent away from my normal routine has changed my life for the better. if i could afford to send all my classmates who don't or can't have the opportunity to participate in the joseph s. bruno auburn abroad program i would. you come back to the states a completely changed person from the inside out. 
i plan to take everything i've experienced and learned from my time over there and apply it to every day i live over here. my eyes have been opened to new things that i never thought i'd have the opportunity to see. 
as i end this journey and blog i plan to start a new one. i have three more semesters of interior design studios and a summer internship before i begin a professional life out of college. within that time i feel like a lot is going to happen and i'd love to continue to share my experiences, thoughts, and opportunities with the world. within the next few weeks i will hopefully have a design blog up and running to share with the world or those few who would like to know where my creative thoughts are going. i'll be sure to post the new blog on this site as well as my facebook page. 
thank you loyal followers for reading my blog every week and clicking through the hundreds of pictures i've posted on my shutterfly site. 
thank you to all my italian faculty and staff who made the last three months of my life amazing and blog worthy. 
thank you to my mom and dad for funding the experience of a lifetime. i appreciate everything the both of you did for me, are doing for me, and continue to do for me. i love y'all.
thank you to all the wonderful girls who put up with me while we lived together in the palace. i love you all and miss you every day that i don't get to see you. 
thank you to my boyfriend for understanding that this program was something i had to do not just for an international minor but for me. that i wasn't leaving you because i wanted to but because i had to. it made our relationship stronger and everlasting. i love you. 
thank you to everyone else who made this trip possible, for all the hard work you may have put into planning it.
lastly, thank you to my italian 'dad' tommy. i appreciate everything you did for the 20 of us while we were over there and i love that you enjoyed reading this every time i posted. 
ciao y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment