2.06.2011

A Saturday in Roma

Ciao!
Saturday in Italy for me consisted of going to a walk through Genzano, browsing around Ariccia's Saturday market, and having dinner and gelato in Roma while getting an introduction to the famous Trevi fountain and Spanish steps. I've familiaritized myself with the train from Albano to Roma and the metro I think I can do this on my own if I have to. I'm the kind of person who picks up on directions pretty fast, which comes in handy when you're in a completely different country with signs in Italian. I'm also trying to learn the basics of the lauguage. I make my grocery lists in both Italian and English just incase I have to ask where something is or order something from someone...like turkey or cheese. 
This week we're spending a lot of time in Rome. We have a big assignment this week...Rome Scavenger Hunt. Basically, answer a question with something found in Rome, fine your way there, and take a picture...I'll post that on here as well. Below are some pictures of my Saturday...enjoy!



Road to Genzano 

Ariccia Market: Goggles
Ariccia Market: Binoculars 
Brittany, Laura, Me, Laurie on Train to Rome
First view of Rome 
White: Dinner in Rome (i love the place setting!) 
Trevi Fountain
Trevi Fountain
Spanish Steps: Brittany and I
Memories of Lighting Final: Hermes Store
Me and Susanna
(this one is for you Melanie)

No comments:

Post a Comment