1.12.2011

Optimistic Itinerary

Fortunately, I was born into a family who can't sit still. Planning, traveling, changing, growing, experiencing, and learning is what us Krywicki's seem to do best. Since I was 6 months old my parents have been taking me, along with my older sister and brothers, around the United States, to different countries, and to various islands. Dr. Seuss can't say it better in his famous children's book, Oh, the Places You'll Go! 

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself 
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
                             And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

With the Joseph S. Bruno program we have day trips Tuesdays and Thursdays and free time Friday thru Sunday. Which means planning, traveling, experiencing, and learning are constants in my life this semester. I can steer myself and whoever wants to join me in any direction I choose. I'm completely on my own; I know where I want to go and I get to decide where I will get to go. For starters: 

Byron's Riviera, Portovenere & Cinque Terre(Vernazza)

Flipping through the pages of One Hundred & One Beautiful Small Towns in Italy, a book given to me as a gift from my summer intern boss, Sheena F. Jenkins, I discovered this gorgeous picture and riviera. Byron's Riviera is dedicated to Venus, the goddess of love and a bastion of defense for the powerful republic of Genoa. The Cinque Terre is collectively made up 5 villages: Vernazza, Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglian, and Monterosso. Vernazza and Riomaggiore make up two towns on my list of places to go in Italia!



Cinque Terre (Riomaggiore)

Verona, Italy, home to the famous love story of Romeo and Juliet and another place I'd like to go. Juliet's balcony isn't my reason to make the trip (however, it is a plus), my interest lies with in Casa di Gilulietta, Juliet's House. Amongst the walls and tunnels of the Casa di Giulietta, I want  to partake in the tradition and leave a letter on the Wall of Love. 
Verona, Italy; Wall of Love
My list could go on forever, but I'll leave y'all with one last place. The Italian Alps. I like the beach, I like hot weather, but I love the mountains especially covered in snow!
Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment